Saturday 7 April 2018


A FEELING WHICH I CAN'T EXPLAIN

I traveled to the oceans
Swifted to the deserts
worried to the wildernesses
eagerly approached all seen natures
All in the quest to get an explanation

The ocean used its links with all parts of the world to get me what I sort after
oh no, it came to lament
this is beyond my powers
can you please give me a year to find out?

The desert at first boasted of its power in use of whirlwinds
it rolled higher and wider
it rolled deeper and thinner
and it cracked down weeping:
I'd never failed this way before
I'm sorry I disappointed

The wilderness is the custodian of darkness and hidden secrets
it spoke majestically of its capacity to trench out the old and seemingly lost wisdom
it rustled its thick forest
it breadth out the savour of its concealed knowledge
lo and behold, it mourned the lost of the explanations I seek

And I resulted to consult the comity of other natures, the cloud, the sun, moon e.t.c
they had meetings upon meetings
brainstorming upon brainstorming
consultations upon consultations
they smiled at me like they've got the explanations to what I feel
they whispered in chorus to me saying:
we couldn't get any valuable information but we now know something
the explanation you seek is concealed in your heart
search it out

Then, I listened carefully to my heart
there a still voice said:
the feeling you experience is as a result of someone special you've met
and when I paid more solemn attention
I heard the name – Margaret Rose
immediately, satisfaction filled my heart
because of the feeling I can now explain.

composed and written by: Oludare Olumide


No comments:

Post a Comment