Saturday 7 April 2018

THE GIST OF THE BIRDS

A sleepless night was done on me
it resulted in me having swollen eyelids
closing off control.

While I struggle to gain authority over my eyes
using little broom sticks to hang
the element of sleep was still winning.

I devised a means to conquer.
Ask how?
Yeah, simply by taking a walk
in a garden possessing tall mango,
almond trees and the likes.

There, something caught my attention:
three birds whispering and chirping  
one to another from different trees.
Then, I paid attention to observe more quietly.
All I heard them gossip about was P-R-I-N-C-E-S-S.

Oh!, my Princess?
what is wrong? I soliloquized.
Fortunately, a new visiting co-bird came
It spoke more loudly saying:
Hurray! It’s the birthday of his charming Princess.

Wow! that was it.
I comprehended the "by-the-way news"
I jubilated
I thanked the gossiping birds

Wait a minute,
I had just conquered the powerful sleep
by the power of Joy, Happiness and Gladness
expressed in the celebration of my honey.

So I began to sing:
The gist of the birds
The gist of the birds
How art thou reminded me of my beloved

Behold the epitome of beauty
Came into this world this day
Came into my life afterwards
And so I’m in love.

composed and written by: Oludare Olumide

No comments:

Post a Comment